Pay a Fee or Fine
There are two ways to pay Library fees and fines:
In person - Pay by cash, check or money order at any Library location during regular Library hours.
Online -Use your credit card or debit card to pay online through our SmartPAY system. Things you need to know:
- Library Card and PIN are required to make a payment.
- There is no service charge, but a minimum payment of $2 is required.
- Visa, MasterCard and Discover credit cards are accepted. Debit cards must have a Visa or MasterCard logo.
- Payments will be applied to your Library account immediately.
- Payments will appear as "SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY LIBRARY 559-6006285 CA" on your credit card statement.
- Credit card payments are not accepted in person or by phone.
- No refunds can be made directly to your credit/debit card.
- Ask Us if you experience problems with an online payment.
Claim for Refunds of Lost Items
Patrons can be refunded the replacement cost for a lost item if the item is returned within one year of the payment. The patron must come in to the Library and complete the 'CLAIM FOR REFUND' form. The Library will issue the patron a refund check for the replacement cost, but processing charge will not be refunded. It may take between 4 - 12 weeks before the patron receives the check. Charges for lost items paid for by credit card cannot be refunded to the patron's credit card account. The 'CLAIM FOR REFUND' form must be completed and a check will be issued.